User experience, known as UX, makes a huge difference to whether a digital product or project, succeeds. On this course, you will learn what UX is and why it’s so important. You’ll learn the foundations of UX design and what distinguishes good from bad UX. You will also explore the UX design process; user research, designing your experience, using your goals and ideas to draw wireframes and then building usable prototypes.
Finally, we will look at the different techniques you can use to test and develop your
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Why is user experience important?
- The foundations of UX design
- What is ‘good usability’?
Week 2: User experience basics
- The importance of user research
- User journeys
- Visual design
- Structuring your site
- Wireframes and interactive prototypes
Week 3: Tools and testing
- Types of user testing
- Interaction design
- The importance of analysing data
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe what user experience (UX) is and why it is important
- Explain the foundations of UX design and the impact it can have on your business
- Identify the key approach, attitude and process elements which are necessary for UX design
- Describe the ‘design’, ‘develop’ and ‘release’ stage of the UX process and what ‘user journeys’ are
- Identify the concepts of information architecture and the importance of good structure for usability
- Identify the concepts and explain reasons for creating prototypes
- Explain the how and why of drawing wireframes, the importance of low-to-high detail and the benefits of interactive prototypes
Who is the course for?
This course is for those seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No previous experience or qualifications required.
Interested in growing your digital skills more widely? Discover more Digital Skills courses from Accenture.
Who will you learn with?
Celia has 20 years of design experience to her name — specializing in design leadership and culture, interaction design and user experience, service strategy and experience design.
Who developed the course?
Accenture Digital Skills is a free, interactive series of courses which help and prepare people to build the digital skills necessary to gain a job or start a business.