This course aims to equip you with a broad understanding of mobile and covers the foundations of mobile development and design such as the Internet of Things, wireframes and app development. We will also be considering the critical role mobile technology plays in allowing businesses to access their target audience and how organisations can use mobile to improve their customer experience and increase their revenue.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what mobility is in the context of digital
- Describe the growth of mobility and benefits associated with it
- Describe what mobile design is, including concepts such as wireframes
- Identify seven principles of good mobile app design and the importance of effective mobile design, including examples of good and bad app experiences
- Describe what the Internet of Things is and some of the benefits associated with it
- Identify security risks related to the Internet of Things
To earn a Certificate of Achievement for the course, you must complete over 90% of the course steps and score over 70% in any tests. Therefore, it is important to always click the ‘Mark as complete’ button at the end of every course step (where applicable) to successfully record your completion.
When taken out of the FutureLearn platform to third-party websites, click the ‘back’ button in your browser to return to the FutureLearn site.